Who we are
This Policy applies to any users of the services of Findmybuyer's platform, Findmybuyer.co.uk and other Findmybuyer websites (collectively “Our Site”), and other interactions that you may have with Findmybuyer.
We’re committed to protecting your privacy. If you have any questions about your personal information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or write to us Findmybuyer, 2 Lowerhall Street, Montrose DD10 8JW.
Information we collect
We collect information that you provide about yourself by filling in forms on Our Site, or corresponding with us by telephone, email, or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use Our Site or purchase our Services, and any information that you input, store, transmit or communicate when using Our Site.
The information you give us may include the following:
Your name, address, date of birth, email address and telephone number, and information about your property and your personal circumstances.
We will use your contact information to provide you with pertinent messages as required for the use of Our Site and Services, including telephone calls, email, text message, messaging app or letter. This includes notifications, changes to our Services, features of Our Site, or material updates to our Terms and Conditions.
If you permit us to, we will also use your contact information to contact you to offer Services we provide that may be of interest to you in connection with your property purchase or property sale. You may withdraw your consent for us to do this at any time.
If you are selling a property you may also upload, or ask that we upload, photos and floorplans of your property. These will normally identify your address.
We may use information about your property to promote our Services, including images and status. Only information that is publicly available will be used in this regard. For example, we may use the status of a Sold property to promote our presence in your local area through Direct Mail. If you would prefer that we did not use your property information in this way, please email email@example.com or notify us direct.
If you request an instant, online estimated valuation of your home, the estimated value of your home will be provided by our partner, ValPal. We will contact you by phone or email to offer you Services we provide, that may be of interest to you, such as a face-to-face valuation of your property. You may withdraw your consent for us to do this at any time using our Privacy details below.
ValPal is owned and operated by Angels Media Ltd, a company registered in England under company number 08629863, registered address is Ground Floor, 1/7 Station Road, Crawley, West Sussex, RH10 1HT.
When you make a payment for the fees on Our Site or over the telephone with FMB, we will collect the necessary financial information from you (such as the name on your credit or debit card, type of card, card number, start date, expiry date, security code and/or issue number) as well as any additional personal information. This information will be transferred to our nominated payment processor, which is currently Stripe Payments Europe Ltd. (‘Stripe’), a company registered in Ireland under company number 513174, registered office 1 Grand Canal Street Lower, Grand Canal Dock, Dublin. Stripe is a certified PCI Service Provider Level 1 who will process your payment to us. FMB does not store this financial information.
Due diligence information (to undertake checks of your identity to comply with The Money Laundering, Terrorist Financing and Transfer of Funds (Information on the Payer( Regulations 2017):
• We are required to carry out additional checks on users of our serices who instruct FMB to market their property or who have an offer accepted for a FMB marketed property. The purpose of this check is to verify your identity, in order to complete this check you will be directed by link to CREDAS (Credas Technologies Ltd, Company number 10429398, registered at Tec Marina, Terra Nova Way, Penarth, Vale of Glamorgan, Wales, CF64 1SA) who will cary out a real-time verification check on behalf of FMB. All documentation are held and stored on secure servers owned by CREDAS.
• If the automated idenitty verification check fails you will be required to provide FMB with verified copy of legal documentation (e.g. Passport or Driving Licence) that confirms your identity and proof of address. Copies of your identity documents and any other information you provide will be stored by FMB and CREDA.
If you book an appointment for a home appraisal, we will use your contact information to contact you to provide a suitable time to visit you.
Use of information
We will use your address, description, photos, floorplan, home report, EPC to advertise your property, your name will be provided on any viewings confirmed by you or on any messaging service you use on the FMB website.
Other service providers
We may disclose your personal data to any sercvice providers for contractual purposes, for example photographers, providers of floor plans, Home reports and EPC. We will only do so if you contract with us for these services to be provided.
Records of Interaction
Seller and Buyer viewings, feedback and messages are stored for compliance and monitoring puposes, this may include information that you reveal during the exchange:
• Calls to FMB
• Messages within emails sent to and received by FMB email addresses
• Messages that you send and receive through Our Site are retained and monitored in line with our Terms and Conditions.
We only store sensitive information about you when you provide it. This will not be shared with any third parties unless required by Law.
Other people's personal data
Please do NOT supply any other person's data to us, unless we ask you to do so.
Security of personal data
• We will take appropriate technical and organisational precautions to secure your personal data and to prevent the loss, misuse, or alteration of your personal data.
• We will store your personal data on secure servers and in secure manual record-keeping systems
Any passwords you provide us will be stored by us in encrypted form. You should ensure that your password is not susceptible to being guessed, whether by a person or a computer programme. You are responsible for keeping the password you use for access your account confidential and we will not ask you for your password (except when you log in).
Acknowledgement of you transmitting unencrypted data
You acknowledge that the transmission of unencrypted (or inadequtely encrypted) data over the internet is inherently insecure and we cannot guarantee the security of that data sent over the internet.
Specific instances your personal information is shared
• Your first name will be made public to all Users of the messaging service of Our Site. This is to help other users of Our Site communicate with you to facilitate the sale of the Property.
• Once an appointment has been requested, email notification will be sent to the seller and to FMB and prospective Purchaser setting out: the address of the property; the time of the appointment and the name of the seller and prospective Purchaser.
• If an offer for the sale of the property has been submitted, you have access to FMB sales who will assist you or take over the negotiations on your behalf. You hereby consent to FMB contacting your solicitor/conveyancer and mortgage provider and any other party involved directly or indirectly in the sale of the Property with regards to facilitating in the sale of the property.
Disclosure of your information
• We may disclose your personal information to third parties not named here in the event that:
• We sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your person data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
• FMB or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets.
• We are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal or regulatory obligations, or in order to enfirce or apply our Terms and Conditions and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property or safety of FMB, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purpose of AML and fraud protection.